Reference Books - American Literature - Research Guides at Southern Connecticut State University
About this product. Stock photo.
- American literature - Wikipedia.
- Download e-book Contemporary American Literature, Present (Backgrounds to American Literature).
- The Burning Tigris: The Armenian Genocide and Americas Response.
- Formal Grammar: Theory and Implementation (New Directions in Cognitive Science)?
- Newton-Euler Dynamics.
Pre-owned: lowest price The lowest-priced item that has been used or worn previously. Former Library books. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside.
Contemporary American Literature: (1945-Present)
See details. See all 4 pre-owned listings. Buy It Now. Add to cart. Rangno , Hardcover.
Contemporary American Literature: (1945-Present) (Background to American Literature)
Be the first to write a review About this product. About this product Product Information American literature of the 20th century focuses on a variety of topics, from the violence of war and the struggle for civil rights to the social impact of technology and the moral significance of money. A concise, engaging guide to American contemporary literature, this volume provides information on 20th-century writers; the s, s, and beyond; contemporary American poetry; new voices; and the postmodern movement.
Additional Product Features Grade to. Show More Show Less.
- Numerical Computing with Simulink-MATLAB, Volume 1.
- Evidence-Based School Mental Health Services: Affect Education, Emotion Regulation Training, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy;
- Evolutionary Trends of the Internet: 2001 Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communications, IWDC 2001 Taormina, Italy, September 17–20, 2001 Proceedings.
- Conditions of Use.
- American literature.
- Material Information.
- American Literature | olmenjatufood.tk?
Faculty List. When we study the 20th- and 21st-centuries, we encounter the most stunning literary and cultural innovations as well as the dramatic and often catastrophic historical transformations that accompanied them. Lawrence, George Bernard Shaw, T. Our department hosts a large group of scholars specializing in multiple areas of British, American, and Anglophone 20th- and 21st-century literature and culture.
Students can expect to receive firm grounding in some of the traditional fields and subfields—modernism, postmodernism, postcolonialism—and undertake courses of study that extend and challenge some of the most dearly held beliefs of those areas. Our faculty routinely offer courses that plot modern and contemporary literature within global and transnational frameworks; we investigate the unique ways literary and cultural objects unfold the deeply entangled histories of race, gender, sexuality, migration, colonialism, and ecological violence, ways that often speak directly to the most pressing problems we currently face.
We also pride ourselves on a capacious and flexible understanding of modern and contemporary culture; to that end, this department's vision of this period is genuinely and uniquely interdisciplinary.